The award recognises support and training for UK Armed Forces veterans and service leavers.
SA Group have been awarded an Employer Recognition Scheme Gold Award by the Ministry of Defence (MoD) in recognition of their support towards the Armed Forces community.
The Defence Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS) encourages employers to support defence and to inspire others to do the same. The scheme encompasses bronze, silver and gold awards for employer organisations that pledge, demonstrate or advocate support to defence and the armed forces community, and align their values with the Armed Forces Covenant.
SA Group work primarily alongside the MoD offering support whilst delivering expert services. SA Group also have a large percentage of employees being ex military so have always been proud to support the Armed Forces Covenant.
The ERS primarily recognises private sector support. As well as fulfilling all the criteria involved in bronze and silver, gold award holders must:
- have signed the Armed Forces Covenant
- proactively demonstrate their forces-friendly credentials as part of their recruiting and selection processes
- be actively engaged with the recruitment of military service leavers
- support Reservists and guarantee 10 days’ additional leave for training, fully paid, to the Reservist employee
- be an exemplar within their market sector, advocating support to defence people issues to partner organisations, suppliers and customers with tangible positive results.