Review the complex cyber security posture of an international cricket stadium and deliver actionable insights for improvement.
Sophia Gardens cricket stadium in Cardiff is home to the Glamorgan County Cricket Club and has an audience capacity of 15,000. It has recently been redeveloped and regularly hosts high profile national and international fixtures.
SA Group were invited to conduct a general IT security assessment of Glamorgan CCC, incorporating both the physical and IT security of the stadium, and also of the governance which complements the physical IT security.
- Review the IT Security posture of Glamorgan CCC, incorporating both physical security at Sophia Gardens stadium in Cardiff plus their IT network and governance.
- Investigate improvements to the Corporate and IT Risk Management regime.
- Provide a clear series of actionable recommendations to the Information Security leadership.
SA Group consultants conducted a series of surveillance meetings at Sophia Gardens stadium to ascertain the physical deployment of assets on site, review Governance and gauge the day to day management on site.
IT and Risk Management research was conducted to establish the current baseline security and where the most critical improvements should be made to enhance GCCC's stadium cyber security posture and realign it to industry best practice.
- A detailed and actionable report was submitted with implementation recommendations to deliver additional value to the IT security measures already in place.
- Risk Management presentations with senior management were also conducted to ensure decision makers had a comprehensive understanding of the issues.
- SA Group have been further commissioned to explore GCCC's ambition to achieve Smart Stadium status in conjunction with Cardiff's Smart City digital transformation development programme.